This beautifully monochromatic salad is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day! Pair it with your favorite protein for a light and healthy lunch, or as a side with dinner.
Servings: 8 (as a side salad)
Serving Size: 1.5 cups (100g) salad + scant ¼ cup (40g) of dressing
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 102 calories / 9.5g carbs / 5.5g protein / 5g fat
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup (20g) fresh tender herbs (such as dill, basil, parsley, cilantro, chives)
- 1 cup (255g) plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 head (500g) romaine lettuce (end removed and chopped widthwise)
- 1 fennel bulb (100g) (core removed and thinly sliced)
- 1 medium (160g) green apple (core removed and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 avocado (68g) (sliced without skin or seed)
- 1/4 cup (31g) pistachios (shelled and chopped)
- Add lemon zest and juice, yogurt, herbs, garlic and salt to a food processor or blender and run until smooth and well combined. Thin with water until pourable.
- Add lettuce, fennel and apples to a large bowl. Add dressing and gently toss until everything is well coated. Transfer to a serving bowl and arrange avocado slices on top. Finish with the pistachios. Serve immediately.
- Add lettuce, fennel and apples to a large bowl and toss to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl and arrange avocado slices on top. Finish with the pistachios. Drizzle with dressing, as desired. Serve immediately.
- Alternatively, you can keep the dressing separate and each person can add as much as they like.
- Use only one or two varieties of fresh herbs or multiple for a more complex flavor.
- Don’t have whole milk Greek yogurt in the fridge? This recipe can easily substitute nonfat or low-fat Greek yogurt (macros will vary).