Pack in some extra protein while enjoying a sweet treat! These krispie treats will take you back to childhood and satisfy your dessert craving. These festive bars are perfect for sharing too!
Serving Size: 1 square (40g)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 175 calories / 27g carbs / 3.5g protein / 6g fat
- 4 cups (180g) “Kraft” mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons (252g) refined coconut oil
- 1 scoop (21g) Optimum Nutrition unflavored collagen + hyaluronic acid supplement
- 4 cups (106g) “Kellogg’s” Rice Krispies cereal
- In a large pot over medium heat melt coconut oil. Stir in marshmallows until mostly melted. Add protein powder and mix.
- Turn off heat and mix in Rice Krispies. Gently spread mix into a parchment lined 9×9 inch pan. Set aside for 1 hour to set.
- If you do add any of the optional toppings (listed in the Notes) such as chocolate, store in the fridge for 30 minutes for the toppings to set.
- Store at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Optional toppings: melted chocolate chips, crushed candy cane, or sprinkles (macros not included).
- If you decide to use Optimum Nutrition products you can use code “MACROSTAX” for 20% off your purchase!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.