This cozy high protein oatmeal will warm you up on a chilly morning! With plenty of protein and fiber, it’s a plant-based breakfast that will fuel even the busiest of days.
Servings: 1 bowl
Total Time: 10 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 273 calories / 36.5g carbs / 18.5g protein / 7g fat
- ½ cup (40g) old fashioned oats
- 1 cup (240g) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon (4g) vanilla extract
- ½ scoop (18g) Optimum Nutrition vanilla Gold Standard 100% plant protein
- ½ cup (119g) water
- ¼ cup (39g) fresh or frozen blueberries
- Add oats, milk, and vanilla extract to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Let cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the milk has absorbed.
- Add the protein powder and water and continue to cook until all liquid has absorbed and oatmeal is a creamy consistency.
- Top with blueberries (and any of your other favorite toppings) and serve immediately.
- You can use water or another type of milk in place of the almond milk, and any brand or flavor of protein powder you prefer (macros will vary).
- Other topping suggestions are: hemp seeds, chopped walnuts or pecans, nut butter, honey, cinnamon, or granola (macros not included).
- If you decide to use Optimum Nutrition products you can use code “MACROSTAX” for 20% off your purchase!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.