Meet your new favorite meal prep dinner! Whoever said that easy = bland hasn’t met this sheet pan meal. A simple honey mustard glaze adds a tangy sweetness to baked chicken and veggies. Get all your carbs, protein, and healthy fat in one pan with this macro-friendly recipe!
Serving Size: 3oz (85g) cooked chicken + 123g veggies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 364 calories / 29.5g carbs / 38.5g protein / 9g fat
- 1 ½ lb (680g) raw chicken breasts
- ¼ cup whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ bags (6 cups, or 510g) “Taylor Farms” mixed broccoli and cauliflower florets
- 4 ½ cups (604g) cubed sweet potato (diced into ½-inch pieces)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Trim the broccoli and cauliflower florets into bite-size pieces (if needed). Add the broccoli, cauliflower, and sweet potato to the baking sheet, spray lightly with nonstick spray, and bake for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk together the mustard, olive oil, honey, and salt in a small bowl.
- Cut each chicken breast into 2-3 pieces (so that each piece is about 3 inches wide). Season with salt and pepper. Sear in a hot, dry skillet for about 1-2 minutes per side or until golden.
- After the veggies have cooked for 15 minutes, place chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet along with the veggies. Top each chicken piece with a spoon of honey mustard sauce, and then drizzle the remaining sauce evenly over the vegetables.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are tender.
- To add a touch of spiciness to this recipe, use whole grain Dijon mustard instead of regular whole grain mustard.
- Searing the chicken before baking helps lock in moisture, ensuring juicy chicken every time. However you can skip the searing step – just make sure to increase the baking time by about 5 minutes.