This Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore is a fast and easy way to enjoy your favorite Italian flavors any night of the week. Packed with vegetables, this meal is as nutritious as it is satisfying.
Serving Size: 1 ¾ cup (446g)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 248 calories / 19.5g carbs / 29.5g protein / 6g fat
- 1 pound (453g) chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon (14g) olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt (divided)
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 ounces (227g) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup (121g) diced onion
- 1 cup (143g) diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup (103g) fat free chicken broth
- 1 28-oz (794g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 ounces (140g) fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup (40g) pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons (32g) drained capers
Optional toppings: fresh basil, Parmesan cheese (macros not included)
- Dice chicken into 1-inch pieces. Add the oil to the Instant Pot and set the saute function to “on” for 10 minutes. Add the chicken, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and pepper to the pot and saute, stirring occasionally so it browns evenly and doesn’t stick to the pan.
- After 5 minutes add mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper to the pot and continue to saute for the remaining 5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, oregano, and remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt to the pot. Cover and set to “pressure cook” on high for 10 minutes.
- When it’s done cooking manually release the steam. Uncover pot and stir in the baby spinach until it wilts. Stir in capers and olives. Serve with optional toppings.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Pictured with whole wheat linguine. Serve with pasta, rice, or a side of your choice.
- The cook time includes the time required to bring the Instant Pot up to pressure.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.