There’s only one other fall beverage that can give pumpkin spice lattes a run for their money, and that’s mulled apple cider! This holiday drink tastes great hot or cold–and the kids can enjoy it as is, or you can add a little whiskey to turn it into an adult beverage. The aroma of apples, cinnamon, and cloves will have your house smelling like fall itself!
Servings: 7 beverages
Serving Size: 1 beverage (8 ounces)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 59 calories / 15g carbs / 0.5g protein / 0g fat
- 6 cups (1,420g) water
- 6 medium Gala apples (1,032g)
- 2 medium navel oranges (280g)
- 3 tablespoons (63g) honey
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Quarter the apples and oranges (no need to discard cores, stems, and rinds at this time since you will do it later) and put them in your Instant Pot.
- Add enough water to just cover the fruit inside the pot (approximately 6 cups).
- Add honey, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Put the lid on and make sure steam valve is closed. Set to High Pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once the 15 minutes are done, let the pressure release naturally, about 20 minutes.
- Open the Instant Pot lid and use a potato masher to mash the fruit into a fine pulp.
- With a fine mesh strainer, drain and separate the liquid. You can discard the leftover fruit pulp and whole spices. Serve cold or hot!
- You can add more or less honey depending on how sweet you prefer your cider. Macros will vary.
- The macros of this beverage were estimated to account for strained fruit solids.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.