This simple Instant Pot Salsa Chicken is super versatile and so easy- enjoy as a filling for tacos, enchiladas, a burrito, OR atop a salad. No Instant Pot? No problem! Use a slow cooker instead. This shredded chicken freezes well too, making it the perfect meal prep protein to keep on hand!
Serving Size: 114g (about ¾ cup)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 166 calories / 3g carbs / 28g protein / 3g fat
- 2 lb (907 g) raw chicken breasts
- 2 cups (512g) “Pace” picante mild salsa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Use the “high pressure” setting to cook for 15 minutes.
- Do a quick pressure release when finished cooking. Shred chicken with two forks.
- Slow cooker directions: Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours, until chicken is tender and shreds easily. Shred chicken with two forks.
- Use any brand of salsa, the macros are generally very similar!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.