This easy 30-minute Zesty Sausage and Veggie Skillet will become one of your meal prep go-to’s! It’s fresh, colorful, and cooks up in no time flat. Use any vegetables you have on hand and serve either with or without rice. This recipe is super versatile (and delicious)!
Serving Size: 245g (just over 1 ½ cups)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 275 calories / 14.5g carbs / 24.5g protein / 14g fat
- 13oz (369g) “Eckrich” smoked turkey sausage (sliced)
- 4oz (113g) raw chicken breast (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 medium (434g) zucchini (sliced)
- 1 cup (78g) chopped broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper (114g) (thinly sliced)
- ½ small red onion (47g) (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups (60g) baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon “Tony Cachere’s” Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and broccoli to the pan. Saute for 10 minutes or until the veggies are slightly softened.
- Add the sliced turkey sausage, chicken, and Creole seasoning to the pan and cook for another 5-10 minutes (stirring occasionally) until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the spinach to the pan and saute for 1-2 minutes or until gently wilted. Remove from heat.
- Serve with or without rice! Add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for some extra heat if desired.
- If served with ½ cup cooked brown rice the macros are: 384 calories / 37.5g carbs / 27g protein / 15g fat.
- Use any brand of Creole or Cajun seasoning you prefer and season to taste. The macros are generally 0 for most brands.