This recipe is inspired by the flavors of tandoori chicken, but made in the instant pot so it’s more approachable and hands-off. The yogurt marinade makes it perfectly tender.
Servings: 4 servings
Serving Size: 125g
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Nutrition Facts: 187 calories / 2.5g carb / 31.5g pro / 1.5g fat
- 1 ¼ pounds (567g) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup (226g) plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons (46g) fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves (grated)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
Optional garnishes: cilantro leaves, limes
- Prepare chicken by trimming excess fat and then pounding to ½-inch thick. Cut chicken into 6-8 smaller, equal pieces.
- Add yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, garam masala, paprika, honey, salt, and turmeric to a bowl and mix until well combined. Add chicken pieces and toss to coat generously. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to two hours.
- When ready to cook, add one cup of water to the bottom of the instant pot. Coat the trivet with non-stick cook spray and place in the pot. Use tongs to move chicken pieces on top of the trivet (discard the extra marinade). Place the lid on and lock, making sure the steam valve is in the closed position. Press the poultry button (12 minutes on high pressure).
- Once cook time is complete, carefully open the steam valve for a “quick” release. Garnish with cilantro leaves or lime wedges as desired.
- Enjoy Tandoori chicken served with rice, as a lettuce wrap, or on top of a salad.
- As most of the marinade is discarded, this is not counted in the total macros.