Looking for an easy, mostly hands-off one pot meal? We’ve got you. This Instant Pot Turkey and Mushroom Bolognese is comforting, yet light, and comes together in a matter of minutes all in one pot.
Serving Size: 1.75 cups, (464g)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 462 calories / 58.5g carbs / 39.5g protein / 7.5g fat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (121g) onion (diced)
- 8-ounces (227g) baby Bella mushrooms (diced)
- 1 pound (453g) 97% lean ground turkey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 25-ounce (709g) “Cucina Antica” marinara sauce
- 1 ½ cups water
- 8-ounces (227g) uncooked spaghetti
- ¼ (20g) cup shredded Parmesan cheese (divided)
- Optional chopped parsley or basil for garnish
- Turn on the instant pot to saute and set for 8 minutes. Add olive oil, onions, and mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes, until they begin to soften. Add the ground turkey and salt, breaking it up with a spatula while sauteing. Continue to cook, stirring often until turkey is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off saute function and add sauce and water and mix with turkey mixture. Break spaghetti in half and add to the pot, fully submerging under sauce and water. Place the top on the instant pot and set to high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Once it’s done cooking, use the manual release/vent until all steam has released. If the spaghetti has stuck together, just pull apart with tongs — it should come apart easily.
- If a thicker sauce is desired, turn on the saute function for 3-5 minutes until desired thickness has been reached. Stir often and keep an eye on the pasta (this step is optional).
- Serve topped with 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese per serving and optional fresh basil or parsley to garnish.
- Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.