Nothing says fall like chili! And nothing says convenience like an Instant Pot. Our Instant Pot Turkey Chili tastes like it’s been simmering all day but is on the table in under 40 minutes! Ground turkey, beans, and smoky chili spices combine for the ultimate fall meal prep recipe. Plus: TOPPINGS 🙂
Serving Size: 1 ¼ cups (305g)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 305 calories / 33.5g carbs / 26g protein / 9g fat
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small (94g) yellow onion (diced)
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 lb (454g) ground 93% lean turkey
- 1 28-oz can (794g) crushed tomatoes
- 1 15-oz can (425g) black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 15-oz can (439g) red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- ½ cup (103g) fat-free chicken broth
Optional garnishes: sour cream or Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, fresh cilantro, diced tomato or red onion, or tortilla chips (macros not included)
- Select the “saute” function on your Instant Pot. Heat the canola oil in the pot, and then add the onions. Saute for 3-5 minutes, stirring often, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chilli powder, cumin, paprika, and salt and stir well.
- Add the ground turkey and cook for another 3-5 minutes until it’s no longer pink.
- Add the tomatoes, drained beans, and broth and stir everything really well.
- Select the manual “high” pressure setting and set the timer for 15 minutes.
- When the cooking is complete do a manual pressure release.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings. Cornbread makes a delicious side as well! (Macros not included.)
- Slow cooker instructions: Place all ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 hours.
- This meal multiplies and freezes really well! You can easily double the recipe and store half in the freezer for later. Place cooled chili in a freezer-safe zip-top bag or container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.