Half meatball, half turkey meatloaf, these Italian Meatloaf Muffins will bring Italy into your kitchen. This simple recipe is a variation of our super popular Enchilada Meatloaf Muffin recipe, and is family and meal-prep friendly!
Serving Size: 3 muffins (236g)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 273 calories / 14g carbs / 35.5g protein / 8.5g fat
- ¼ cup (43g) uncooked quinoa
- 1 pound (453g) 97% lean ground turkey
- 4 tablespoons (24g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large (66g) egg whites
- ½ cup (2 ounces) “Kraft” shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (226g) “Cucina Antica” garlic marinara sauce
- ½ cup (120g) diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves (9g), minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- Optional fresh chopped basil for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray 12 muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray or use silicone muffin liners.
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Once done remove from heat and let cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking, add the turkey, egg whites, onion, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt, Italian seasoning, ½ cup of the marinara, salt, and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Add the quinoa to the bowl. Mix gently until all ingredients are well combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly into 12 muffin tins. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top each meatloaf muffin with about 1 tablespoon of marinara (divide the remaining ½ cup of marinara sauce among the 12 muffins). Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella across the 12 muffins.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Top with fresh basil for garnish if desired.
- These meatloaf muffins can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.