This dish packs yummy bacon and cheese flavors (with a slight jalapeno kick) into a healthy, low-carb chicken breast. Just wait until you slice into it to see that cheesy surprise!
Servings: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1/6 recipe or 1 stuffed chicken breast (319g)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 4+ hours
Nutrition Facts: 480 calories / 19g carbs / 49.5g protein / 13g fat
- 6 (1008g) small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1, 10-ounce (283g) can “El Paso” mild green enchilada sauce
- ⅔ package/ 5 ¼-ounce (149g) “Philadelphia” ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (112g) “Kraft” shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup (28g) “Oscar Mayer” bacon bits
- 3 jalapeno (78g) peppers (seeded and minced)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (112g) plain breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Either the night before or 2 hours before cooking, prep the raw chicken breast by pounding them until they are ½ inches in thickness.
- Place pounded chicken in an airtight container or Ziploc bag with enchilada sauce and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prep a baking sheet with foil. Take chicken out of the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, jalapenos, and ½ teaspoon of salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg. And in another separate bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Spoon the cheese mixture onto the flattened chicken breast pieces and roll up, sealing with toothpicks.
- Dip each chicken piece into the egg mixture, then into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the chicken breasts on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, until breadcrumbs are golden brown and cheese mixture is bubbling out.
- Remove toothpicks and serve immediately. Top with additional fresh jalapenos or bacon pieces, as desired. Macros may vary.