Enjoy the refreshing flavors of key lime pie with these silky smooth cheesecake bars! These bars are the perfect treat to serve at summer gatherings.
Servings: 12 servings
Serving Size: 1 bar (89g)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 288 calories / 36.5g carbs / 8.5g protein / 12g fat
- 1 ½ cups (150g) graham cracker crumbs or 10 graham cracker sheets
- 7 tablespoons (100g) unsalted butter (melted)
- 4-ounces (112g) fat-free cream cheese
- 14-ounces (535g) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large (99g) egg whites
- ½ cup (120g) key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 scoop (31 g) “Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey”, vanilla ice cream flavor
- Cinnamon and lime wedges, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add graham cracker sheets to a blender or food processor and pulse a few times until the mixture looks like a flour consistency. If using pre-made graham cracker crumbs, measure 1 1/2 cups (155g) and proceed to the next step.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until mostly holding together. Pat this mixture into the bottom of the baking dish for the crust. Bake for 8 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Pour in the sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the egg whites and beat until combined. Stir in the lime juice, lime zest, and protein powder.
- Spread the cheesecake filling onto the graham cracker crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the edges are pulling away from the dish and the center of the cheesecake is firm.
- Let cool to room temp before transferring to the fridge to chill. Serve garnished with lime wedges and a dash of cinnamon.
- An equal amount of melted coconut oil can be used in place of butter. Macros may vary.
- This recipe works with up to 2 scoops of protein powder. The protein powder can be omitted but the macros will differ.
- Key lime juice is available in the bottle, if fresh key limes are unavailable, or substitute regular lime juice as needed.