Soba is a nice change from other pastas because it has a wonderful nutty, earthy flavor. It’s also naturally gluten-free.
Serving Size: 220g
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 351 calories / 47g carb / 24.5g protein / 7g fat
- 8-ounces (224g) dry soba noodles
- ¼ cup (56g) rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (28g) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 8-ounces (224g) cooked shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 1 cup (149g) shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup (75g) cucumber (diced)
- 1/2 cup (50g) shredded carrots
Optional garnishes: sesame seeds
- Cook soba noodles per package directions.
- Meanwhile, add rice vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup, and ginger to a small bowl and whisk until well-combined.
- Once noodles are finished cooking, drain and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Transfer the noodles to a large bowl and toss with about half the dressing.
- Divide the dressed noodles evenly into four food storage containers, then layer on the shrimp, edamame, cucumber and carrots. Drizzle remaining dressing over the top.
- Make sure to purchase pre-shelled edamame. You can often find it fresh in the produce section. If not, it’s also widely available in the frozen vegetable aisle. Thaw per package instructions before using.
- Save time by using pre-shredded carrots.
- Use rice noodles, somen noodles, lo mein, or linguine pasta if soba noodles are unavailable. Macros will vary.