Refreshing spring flavors like lemon and olive oil combine with crisp veggies and chickpeas in this zesty salad.
Servings: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 bowl (345g)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 266 calories / 49 g carbs / 17 g protein / 3.5 g fat
- 3 cups (506g) canned chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 2 medium (402g) cucumber (medium dice)
- 2 medium (184g) roma tomato (medium dice)
- 2 small (86g) shallot (finely diced)
- ½ cup (56g) reduced-fat feta (crumbled)
- ½ cup (54g) chopped parsley
- ⅓ cup (81g) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- To a large mixing bowl, add the chickpeas, diced cucumber, diced tomato, shallot, reduced-fat feta cheese, and parsley. Stir to combine.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and season with freshly ground black pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- The salad can be enjoyed immediately but is best served chilled. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Enjoy!
- For best results, pat chickpeas dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture before using.
- Substitute any variety of fresh tomato as desired.
- Omit the feta cheese for a dairy-free version of this salad. Macros will vary.