These deviled eggs aren’t so devilish for your macros. We swapped mayonnaise for plain Greek yogurt to lower the fat and increase the protein, so you can enjoy these finger-licking appetizers on your own, or share with a group!
Servings: 24 egg halves
Serving Size: 2 egg halves
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 81 calories / 1g carbs / 8g protein / 5g fat
- 12 eggs (600g)
- ¾ cup (170g) Chobani non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoons (16g) Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Put eggs into a large pot with a pinch of salt and fill the pot with water until the eggs are covered.
- Put the pot on the stove on high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, turn off the heat and put a lid on the pot. Leave eggs for 11 minutes. In the meantime, prepare a large bowl of ice cold water.
- When the eggs are done, remove the pot from the stove and drain the hot water. Use the spoon to transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water and let them sit for 1-2 minutes.
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Gently pull out the yolks using your fingers (they should slide out easily!). Put cooked yolks into a medium mixing bowl.
- In the mixing bowl, add the yogurt, paprika, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Arrange the remaining egg whites round-side facing down on a tray.
- Spoon the yolk mixture back into the egg whites.
- Optional: Garnish with dashes of paprika and chives.