Enjoy this lightened up seven layer dip at your next gathering. It’s packed with all of the traditional flavor but a fraction of the fat. Serve with tortilla chips or veggies for an even healthier option.
Serving Size: Heaping ½ cup (125g)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 126 calories / 13g carbs / 8.5g protein / 5g fat
- 16oz can “Amy’s” vegetarian refried black beans
- 2 cups (454g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 (220g) avocado, (flesh from about 2 small avocados without skin and pit)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (145g) cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- ¼ cup (25g) green onion (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons (16g) sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons (11g) red onion (minced)
- ¼ cup (28g) “Kraft” 2% shredded Mexican style four cheese
- In an 8×8 inch baking dish, spread the black beans evenly on the bottom of the dish to make the first layer.
- Mix together the Greek yogurt and the taco seasoning then spread the yogurt layer on top of the beans.
- Mash avocado and mix together with the lime juice and salt, then spread the avocado layer on top of the yogurt.
- Top the avocado layer with tomatoes, red onion, green onion, and olives. Sprinkle cheese evenly across the top of the dip to finish.
- The dip can be served immediately at room temperature or refrigerated and served chilled. Present with tortilla chips or fresh veggies like carrots, celery, or peppers (macros not included).
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Substitute any brand of vegetarian black beans as desired (macros will vary).