Matcha green tea powder is a great superfood supplement, boasting antioxidant power and some quick caffeine if you are looking for a pick me up! Natural sweetness in this smoothie comes from frozen mango, and avocado adds healthy fats as well as a super creamy texture.
Serving Size: 1 smoothie (420g)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 368 calories / 31g carbs / 33.5g protein / 10g fat
- 1 cup (245g) nonfat milk
- ½ cup (83g) frozen mango pieces
- ½ (55g) avocado, without skin and pit
- 1 scoop (31g) “Optimum Nutrition” Gold Standard vanilla whey protein
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more or less matcha powder depending on how much you like the flavor.
- This recipe can easily be customized to be dairy-free. Soy, oat, almond, and coconut milk will all work great in place of cow’s milk. Any vanilla plant-based protein powder can be substituted in place of the whey (macros will vary).
- If you decide to use Optimum Nutrition products you can use code “MACROSTAX” for 20% off your purchase!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.