This one dish meal makes a great weeknight dinner option because you get every component in each bite. It’s loaded with flavor because of enchilada sauce and taco seasoning.
Servings: 5 servings
Serving Size: 270g
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 322 calories / 48g carbs / 26.5g protein / 5.5g fat
- 1 pouch (240g) “Seeds of Change” quinoa and brown rice with garlic (cooked)
- 8-ounces (227g) cooked chicken breast (diced)
- 1, 15-ounce can (260g) black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen corn (165g)
- 2 small (190g) fresh tomato (diced)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (18g)
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce (240g)
- 1/2 cup (56g) shredded Mexican cheese blend (divided)
Optional garnishes: cilantro, avocado
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook rice per package directions.
- Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cook spray.
- Add cooked rice packet, chicken, beans, corn tomatoes, taco seasoning, enchilada sauce and the cheese (reserve about 2 tablespoons for topping) to a large bowl and mix well. Transfer to the pan. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Use green enchilada sauce if you prefer the flavor.
- If you can’t find the Seeds of Change brand of rice, Uncle Ben’s is another popular brand that makes a brown rice packet.