Cheese and pepperoni are the best parts of a pizza, right? This dish doesn’t skimp out on those best bits, but it does add some extra veggies and lean protein. And of course you can’t go wrong with a time-saving casserole on a weeknight!
Serving Size: 1 slice (329g)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 388 calories / 42g carbs / 27g protein / 13g fat
- 12-ounces dry elbow pasta
- 1, 24-ounces jar “Bertoli” marinara sauce
- 2 cups (224g) “Kraft” Italian five cheese shredded cheese
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium (110g) green pepper (diced)
- 8-ounces (226g) mushrooms (diced)
- 1 medium (128g) red onion (diced)
- 1-ounce turkey pepperoni
- Sliced black olives (optional)
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until al-dente (do not overcook!). Drain and set aside.
- Next, brown the ground turkey in a pan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the cooked pasta, cooked turkey, green pepper, mushrooms, onion, and tomato sauce altogether in a large bowl.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish and spread flat.
- Top with cheese and pepperoni slices.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with optional fresh basil or black olives, as desired. Macros will vary.
- You can substitute ground beef for ground turkey, but macros may vary.
- Swap out the elbow macaroni for your favorite pasta!
- Use any variety of marinara sauce but know that macros may vary across brands.
- This recipe uses turkey pepperoni but any variety can be substituted. Macros may vary.