Warm up this holiday season with a cozy cup of high protein hot chocolate! It’s quick to make and will satisfy your sweet tooth on a chilly winter day.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 154 calories / 15g carbs / 21g protein / 1g fat
- 1 cup (245g) fat free milk
- ½ scoop (16g) Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard chocolate whey protein powder
- ½ tablespoon (3g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon (2g) sugar
Optional toppings: marshmallows, whipped cream, cocoa powder, cinnamon sugar, or sprinkles (macros not included)
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Watch closely and turn off heat at the first sign of a low simmer (don’t let it boil).
- Whisk in remaining ingredients. Pour into a cup and enjoy.
- Feel free to substitute your favorite brand of chocolate protein powder (macros will vary).
- If you like sweeter hot chocolate increase the quantity of sugar (or sub with maple syrup or brown sugar if you prefer, macros will vary).
- If you decide to use Optimum Nutrition products you can use code “MACROSTAX” for 20% off your purchase!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.