It’s fall, which means it’s time for pumpkin spice and everything nice! Our Pumpkin Protein Cookies are basically fall in a cookie – they’re full of oats, pumpkin, cinnamon, and dried cranberries. They’re easy to make, easy to freeze, and perfect for meal prep. Plus, with 6 grams of protein per cookie, these lightly sweetened treats are perfect for either a quick snack OR dessert, there are no wrong answers here!
Makes: 12 cookies
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 109 calories / 17.5g carbs / 6.5g protein / 1.5g fat
- 1 ¼ cups (305g) pure pumpkin puree (we used “Libby’s”)
- 1 egg (50g)
- 2 tablespoons (42g) honey
- 2 cups (160g) old-fashioned oats
- 2 rounded scoops (62g) “Ascent” vanilla whey protein
- ¼ cup (40g) dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or silicone baking mat, or spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk the pumpkin puree, egg, and honey together with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of batter onto the baking sheet to form each cookie, flattening with the back of a spoon to create a round cookie shape. Repeat for the rest of the batter to make a total of 12 cookies. You can arrange the cookies close together on the baking sheet since they will not spread or rise during baking.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes or until the cookies are firm to the touch and lightly golden brown on the undersides.
- Cool completely on a baking rack. Store at room temperature for up to five days, refrigerate for up to a week, or freeze for up to three months.
- Feel free to use any brand of protein powder you prefer. Vanilla flavored works best for this recipe!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.