We’re not sure what the best part about this chicken skillet is: the fact that it comes together so easily for a perfect weeknight dinner, or the fact that it’s bursting with warm, herb-infused flavors.
Makes: 5 servings
Serving Size: 310 grams
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 402 calories / 32g carbs / 24g protein / 10g fat
- 5 (448g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons (27g) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper (divided)
- 1 medium (94g) yellow onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4-5 fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup dry (180g) wild rice
- 2 cups (480g) chicken broth
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon pepper together in a shallow dish or gallon freezer bag. Add chicken thighs and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet on medium high heat on the stove. Add chicken thighs and cook until golden brown. Flip over and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from the heat and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add the rice and chicken stock to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Arrange chicken thighs on top of the rice and place thyme and sage leaves on top. Cover the skillet and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and divide into 5 portions to serve.