What’s not to love about these light and refreshing Vietnamese-inspired spring rolls? Fresh veggies and shrimp make these high-protein, low-fat rolls the perfect macro-friendly lunch or snack.
Servings: 16 rolls
Serving Size: 1 roll (140g)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 86 calories / 7.5g carbs / 12g protein / 0.5g fat
- 16 wrappers/ 1 package (136g) “Blue Dragon” spring roll wrappers
- 32-ounces (896g) cooked shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 medium (201g) cucumber
- 4-ounces (112g) shredded carrots
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Slice shrimp lengthwise into halves.
- Cut cucumber, ensuring seeds are removed and julienne into strips.
- Prepare the spring roll wrappers by filling a large bowl with warm water.
- Prep rice paper wrappers according to package directions by dipping the wrapper into warm water, ensuring it is completely submerged. Let sit until pliable, and then place on a tea towel to blot.
- Fill each wrapper with 4-ounces of shrimp, approximately 8-10 shrimp halves, cucumber, carrots, and cilantro. Begin to roll until halfway, fold in the sides, and finish rolling tightly.
- Dip with Sriracha, chili sauce, or peanut sauce and enjoy. Macros not included.
- You can replace shrimp with another lean protein, such as chicken breast, and add as many veggies or herbs as desired. Consider adding scallions, bean sprouts, fresh mint or basil.
- Be careful not to add too much filling or the delicate wrappers will tear.
- Rolls are best enjoyed the same day but can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days by individually wrapping each one in plastic wrap so they don’t stick together.