Love Mexican food so much you wish you could eat it for breakfast? This easy, one-person huevos rancheros dish has the perfect Mexican flavor to start your day. The best part is that you can easily repeat it all week long, freshly cooked!
Servings: 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 serving (227g)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 352 calories / 39.5g carbs / 21g protein / 13g fat
- 1 medium (49g) “Mission” soft taco flour tortilla
- ½ cup (35g) pico de gallo
- ¼ cup (43g) canned black beans (drained and rinsed)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large (100g) eggs
- In a pan over medium heat, warm each side of the tortilla for 1-2 minutes until puffed up and slightly browned. You can also do this directly on the burner if you have a gas stove. Set tortilla aside.
- Saute the pico de gallo for 3-5 minutes until warm and veggies have softened.
- Add black beans and salt and saute for an additional 1-2 minutes. Drain any extra liquid and place on top of the tortilla.
- Next, use nonstick cooking spray and fry eggs in the pan. You can also scramble if preferred!
- Place eggs on top of veggie and bean mixture.
- Top with cotija cheese, sliced avocado, extra pico, or cilantro on top and enjoy! Macros not included.
- Use any variety of tortilla but know that macros will vary with size and brand.