“Fast food” takes on a whole new meaning with these meal prep smoothie jars! Measure in advance, stash in the freezer, and voila – you’re always 3 minutes away from a healthy, refreshing smoothie. This vegan recipe calls for unsweetened almond milk and plant-based protein powder but you can use any type of milk and protein powder you prefer. Check out the recipe notes for alternate macros!
Servings: 6 smoothies
Serving Size: 1 smoothie
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 230 calories / 26.5g carbs / 25g protein / 4g fat
- 2 small (202g) bananas (sliced)
- 2 cups (325g) fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 2 cups (330g) fresh or frozen mango
- 3 cups (90g) baby spinach
- 3 cups (720g) unsweetened almond milk
- 6 scoops (192g) “Vega Sport” performance vanilla protein powder
- Set out 6 Mason jars. In the bottom of each jar layer ⅓ cup mango, ⅓ cup mixed berries, ⅓ of a sliced banana (about ⅓ cup), and ½ cup baby spinach. Pack the ingredients lightly in the jars so it comes out easily later!
- Tightly close each jar and place in the freezer for up to 1 month. When ready to blend, add the contents of the jar to the blender along with ½ cup almond milk and 1 scoop of protein powder.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, adding extra ice if desired.
- You can also use regular fat-free milk and whey protein (such as “Optimum Nutrition” vanilla whey protein) in these smoothies. Macros: 31.5g carbs / 30.5g protein / 1.5g fat / 248 calories.
- You can also make smoothie packs using freezer safe zip-top plastic bags instead of glass jars. Divide the fruit and spinach between the bags, freeze, and blend as instructed.
- Optional toppings: hemp seeds, chia seeds, nut butter, granola (macros not included.)
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.