Grab your trustiest skillet and enjoy a stress-free dinner! This weeknight winner features pan-seared chicken breasts nestled in an indulgent spinach and artichoke sauce.
Servings: 4 serving
Serving Size: 1 serving (210g)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 313 calories / 6g carbs / 45.5g protein / 12g fat
- 1 1/2 lbs (681g) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 (42g) shallot (sliced)
- 5 cups (150g) fresh spinach (roughly chopped)
- 1/3 cup (80g) ‘La Terra Fina’ spinach artichoke and Parmesan dip
- 1/2 cup (113g) low fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup (28g) shredded Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Working on a clean, sturdy surface, pat chicken dry and place between two pieces of plastic wrap or wax paper. Pound chicken with the flat side of a meat mallet, rolling pin, or small skillet until they’re an even thickness (about 1/2-inch).
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and sear 3-4 minutes on each side until nicely browned. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add shallots to the pan and sauté 2-3 minutes until softened (if they start to stick to the pan, add a little water to help them release). Add in spinach a few handfuls at a time, sautéing as you go, letting the spinach wilt a little between each addition until it all fits in the pan. Stir in cottage cheese and artichoke dip until heated throughout (2-3 minutes).
- Place the chicken back into the pan, nestling it into the sauce, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Transfer the entire skillet into the oven and bake for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through (a thermometer inserted into the chicken should read 165 degrees F)
- Slice chicken breast and top with creamy spinach artichoke sauce and enjoy on its own or with a side of your choice – we recommend warm, crusty bread or a baked potato (macros not included).
- Pounding the chicken first ensures faster, even cooking. Alternatively, thin-sliced boneless-skinless chicken breasts are available for purchase at most grocery stores.
- Any pre-made spinach artichoke dip can be used in this recipe but know that macros will vary across brands.
- Leftovers may be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.