This lightened up potato salad recipe has all the flavor and none of the mayo! Sliced baby potatoes are tossed with a tangy Dijon vinaigrette and sliced green onions – simple and delicious.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 129 calories / 21.5g carbs / 3g protein / 3.5g fat
- 1 lb (453g) baby potatoes (any color)
- ⅓ cup (34g) diced green onion
- 2 tablespoons (33g) Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons (30g) red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (13g) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Optional garnishes: ⅛ teaspoon (generous pinch) paprika, ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Place the potatoes, skin on, in a large pot of water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a fork. The cooking time may vary depending on the size of your potatoes. Strain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by whisking together the remaining ingredients (except for garnishes, if using) in a large bowl.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice thinly or dice them into bite sized pieces. Add to the bowl with the dressing ingredients and toss to coat.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. If you prefer a tangier salad, sprinkle with extra red wine vinegar to taste. Garnish with parsley or paprika if desired (these will not impact the macros).
- Serve room temperature or chilled. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- You can use any type of potato in this recipe. If you are using a regular size potato (not baby potato), cut into half or quarters before boiling to cut down on cooking time.