Having a hard time getting in your greens during these cooler winter months? Our Turkey Sausage and Kale Soup is a great way to sneak in extra veggies! Especially when it’s a flavorful Italian-style meal PACKED full of high impact ingredients like sundried tomatoes, white beans, and sausage. This meal is perfect for winter meal prep and freezes like a charm!
Serving Size: 2 cups (460g)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 238 calories / 20g carbs / 19g protein / 10g fat
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 oz diced turkey bacon (we used “Butterball”)
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 1 13-oz package “Eckrich” smoked turkey sausage (sliced)
- 8 cups kale (roughly chopped, stems removed)
- 8 cups fat-free chicken broth
- ½ cup “Bella Sun Luci” sun dried tomatoes (drained and diced)
- 1 14-oz can petite diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 14-oz can Cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
Optional garnishes: red pepper flakes, shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
- Add the diced turkey bacon and onion to the pot. Saute for 5-7 minutes, stirring often, or until onions are lightly softened and bacon is cooked through.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot. Bring to a simmer over high heat, reduce heat to low, and cook for 15-20 minutes. The soup is ready when the kale is wilted and softened.
- Season to taste with additional salt if needed (start with ¼ teaspoon.)
- Serve with optional garnishes listed above and/or with a side of bread, crackers, or salad (macros not included.)
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.