Plant based protein for the win! Our Vegan Burrito Bowls are layered with fiesta flavored quinoa, black beans, fajita veggies, and salsa soy crumbles. Perfect for meal prep or feeding a crowd, this recipe is easy to customize with all your favorite toppings.
Serving Size: 1 burrito bowl
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 341 calories / 48g carbs / 26.5g protein / 6.5g fat
- 1 red bell pepper (114g) (thinly sliced)
- 1 yellow onion (128g) (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups (348g) “Gardein” beefless ground
- ½ cup (130g) “Pace” mild chunky salsa
- 2 teaspoons “McCormick” less sodium taco seasoning
- 2 cups (370g) cooked quinoa
- 1 cup (240g) black beans (rinsed and drained)
- ½ avocado (68g) (sliced into 8)
Optional garnishes: sliced fresh radishes, cilantro, shredded lettuce or cabbage
- Heat a nonstick skillet over high heat. When very hot, add the thinly sliced peppers and onions to the pan. Saute over high heat for 3-5 minutes or until browned/charred.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the beefless ground into the skillet with the salsa and taco seasoning and cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat until warmed.
- Assemble burrito bowls by layering each bowl with ½ cup quinoa, ¼ cup black beans, ½ cup salsa mixture, ½ cup of onions and peppers, and 2 slices of avocado. Garnish with sliced radishes, cilantro, shredded greens, or more salsa if desired (macros negligible.)
- Feel free to use any brand of salsa – the macros are generally very similar!
- This recipe is great for meal prep. Assemble 4-8 servings in meal prep containers and store for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- If you are cooking your quinoa, it takes about ⅔ cup of raw quinoa to produce 2 cups cooked. You can also find pre-cooked/instant quinoa at most grocery stores.