Warm, juicy berries nestled under a crispy, golden top! Pair it with a little vegan yogurt and you’ll have yourself the perfect, healthy dessert for a hot summer’s evening.
Serving Size: 1 serving (151g)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 273 calories / 44.5g carbs / 4g protein / 8.5g fat
- 8 cups (1120g) frozen mixed berries
- 7 tablespoons (63g) brown sugar (divided)
- 2 tablespoons (16g) cornstarch
- 1 ½ tablespoons (23g) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 ½ (135g) cups rolled oats
- ½ cup (62g) flour
- ¼ cup (55g) coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9”x13” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add mixed berries, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and lemon zest directly to the dish and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, flour, remaining 4 tablespoons brown sugar, coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt until it forms a sandy mixture.
- Sprinkle oat mixture over berries and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the berries are gently bubbling and the top is a golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temp topped with ice cream or yogurt (regular or dairy-free) and garnish with slivered almonds for extra crunch (macros not included for toppings or garnish).
- If possible, give the crisp a chance to cool before slicing. This will give the cornstarch a chance to thicken the juices from the berries.
- Make this dessert gluten free by substituting the flour for a ½ cup of almond flour.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.